Abstract submissions have closedSubmit Abstract
Please note the abstract submission portal is best viewed in Google Chrome.
|Call for abstracts opens||1 June 2017|
|Call for abstracts closes||8 October 2017|
|Notification to authors of abstract acceptance||20 November 2017|
|Author acceptance deadline||1 December 2017|
|Final program released||15 December 2017|
|Presenter registration deadline||15 December 2017|
- Functional & Female Urology
- SET Trainee (Clinical – K Kirkland)
- SET Trainee (research – V Marshall)
Abstract submission guidelines
Step 1 Creating an account/logging into the Presenters Portal
First you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, click on the “SUBMIT ABSTRACT” button above.
Once you have done this (and if you have not previously submitted an abstract) click “Create An Account”. Your contact details will be required to create the account.
You will need to supply a valid email address that you check regularly as all communications will be sent to this address. Once you have entered an email address, select CREATE ACCOUNT. You will be sent an email with a temporary password. Please allow 10-15 minutes for your mail system to receive this email. Dependent on your email settings, the email may be filed in your junk or spam folders. Please check all folders before contacting Ozaccom+.
Once you have received your temporary password, you will be asked to log-in to activate your account. Once you have logged into the site, you will be able to change your password via the left side panel. You will receive an email confirming your new password and will be asked to log-in to validate your new password.
Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can upload abstracts, edit abstracts that are still in draft and review terms & conditions at any time by logging in.
Step 2 Demographics
The demographics page will allow you to enter, review and update your demographic information for submissions. The demographics page will be your landing page every time you log-in. It is important to keep these details up to date – they can be updated at any time.
There are also tool tips available to assist you in completing the form. To access the tool tips, please hover over the
When the demographics have been completed and checked, select SAVE and you will be taken to the start of the submission process. If you wish to revisit the demographics page at any stage, please select DEMOGRAPHICS in the side menu.
Step 3 Author/s
To begin your submission, you will need to enter the names and affiliations of all authors who will be named in the abstracts being submitted. All mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk) must be completed before the user can move to the next page. You will need to select SAVE AND CONTINUE once all authors have been submitted to move to the Abstract upload page.
If you wish to revisit the Author page, please select AUTHORS in the side menu. If you wish to remove an author, you will need to click the red X in the right-hand corner of the desired author box.
Step 4 Abstracts
Please download the Abstract Template and use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using the template will be returned for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your text should be no more than 3000 characters (including title, spaces, and tables). Tables are counted as 500 characters.
- Do NOT include authors or affiliations in the abstract
- Do NOT include references in the abstract
You will only be able to submit one abstract at a time. Once submitted you will be able to delete your abstract/s, add new abstracts, and overwrite submitted abstracts with a new document by selecting the BACK TO LIST and then the EDIT button. To overwrite an existing document either delete the document by clicking DELETE and uploading a new file, or by selecting CHOOSE FILE and uploading a new document. This will overwrite the previous version of the document in the system.
When you have submitted all abstracts please select SAVE AND CONTINUE and you will be taken to the Confirmation page.
|Title of abstract||Your title must not exceed 150 characters|
|Theme||You must select ONE option from the drop-down menu|
|Abstract upload||To upload your abstracts, you will need to select CHOOSE FILE to upload and click UPLOAD|
|Presenting author||The presenting author must be attending the Meeting. To select a presenting author, select their name from the drop-down menu|
|Assign associated author/s||You will be required to assign each author for the abstract individually by selecting the name and clicking ASSIGN. You must do this for each author of the abstract|
|Presentation type||You must select ONE option from the drop-down menu|
|Back to list – Add more abstracts||If you wish to submit more than 1 abstract, you will need to select BACK TO LIST – ADD MORE ABSTRACTS. If you are only submitting one abstract, you will need to select SAVE AND CONTINUE|
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program
- Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory, once you have completed a field, the asterisk will disappear
- You will be able to access the portal account to view completed abstracts, and upload new abstract submissions until 8 October 2017. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted.
- If you need to make any changes to successfully submitted abstracts, including replacing the abstract, please email the Program Coordinator directly at [email protected]
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the presenter portal.
Confirming your submissions
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Program Coordinator on T +61 7 3854 1611 or email [email protected]
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract.
- Select Podium Presentation if you’d like your abstract to be considered first for Oral Presentation
- Select Poster Presentation if you’d like your abstract to be considered only for poster presentation
- Select “SET Trainee: Podium presentation incl V Marshall” if you’re entering your abstract for the Villis Marshall Award Presentations
- Select “SET Trainee: Podium presentation incl K Kirkland” if you’re entering your abstract for the Keith Kirkland Award Presentations
- To submit for the Urological Nurses (ANZUNS) program, please select Oral or Poster presentation as your presentation type and select ANZUNS as your theme.
Presentation format details
Please note the following timings are subject to change and will be confirmed when authors are notified of their abstract status
Successful Podium Presenters will be notified of their presentation time in their program allocation e-mail to be sent out in November 2017. As a guide, podium presentations will be 5 mins duration.
Poster Presenters will be notified of their presentation time in their program allocation e-mail to be sent out in November 2017. Full details of the format and display of Posters will be communicated to the nominated presenting author at a later date.
Keith Kirkland/Villis Marshall Podium presentation
Presentations selected for the Keith Kirkland/Villis Marshall Session will be notified of their presentation time in their program allocation e-mail to be sent in November 2017. As a guide, Keith Kirkland presentations will be 6 mins, and Villis Marshall presentations will be 7 mins duration. Keith Kirkland and Villis Marshall presenters do NOT have to submit a poster.
Entering your author names & affiliations
A “blind” review process will be used, so please be aware that you are not to include any author names or affiliations anywhere in the body of your abstract. It is imperative that authors and affiliations are entered correctly on the online submission form.
Notification to authors
Notification to Authors on whether the abstract has been accepted will be communicated in November 2017. Please note the details provided as the author contact should have been for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
Accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to BJUI International and will be required to assign copyright to BJUI International.
Abstract speaker registration
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Meeting. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register and pay for the Meeting by 15 December 2017 in order for the presentation to be included in the Meeting Program. The presenter must be one of the authors of the abstract.